We’re excited to have you be part of our first Sunset Marathon Run!
1. Your Packet
Your packet will be mailed to your address you signed up with before the event!
Your packet will consist of:
– Race shirt
– Race cap
– Water carabiner
– Finisher’s Award
If you have not received your packet, please email us at email@example.com
*Each run is small, capped at 25 participants
2. Race-Day Information
Please check our website at www.sunsetmarathon.com for starting times, course maps, and any updated information.
Start times have been designed so you finish before Sunset and can stick around or finish right as the sun sets.
1/2 Marathon – 9:00am
10K – 10:00am
5K – 10:30am
1/2 Marathon – 11:00am
10K – 1:00pm
5K – 2:00pm
1/2 Marathon – 4:00pm
10K – 5:00pm
5K – 6:00pm
Note that in the event we’re unable to bring out a chip timer, we will have a hand timer in lieu who can record your finishing times by hand. Please let our coordinator know you wish to be timed.
Your finishing times will be input into our system which will then allow us to post your pace and times online.
3. Important Notes:
There will not be an “after-party” per se but after the run and the beautiful sunset, you can celebrate with a beer or go somewhere to get a bite!
Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. There is no check-in, you simply walk to the starting area where the hand timer will be setup with cones.
If you arrive late, you can still run – however, your finishing time will need to be adjusted.
The course is marked as best as possible. In the event you get lost or run off course, please finish the best you can and we can try and adjust times.
Half-Marathon distances are looped – please count the loops yourself.
– If you arrive late, you can still run – however, your finishing time will need to be adjusted.
Final Remarks & Important Information:
Please review the following:
• Running with kiddos? Be sure to keep them close throughout the run.
• No Alcohol or commercial food permitted in the Park.
• Runners start near the front. If you are planning to walk, please start towards to back to allow runners to clear through first.
- Respect each other.
- Dispose all trash in trash bins
- If you arrive late, you can still run – however, your finishing time will need to be adjusted.